- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until lightly toasted but not browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Pulse in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Mix in 1 cup of a combination of add-ins (see our suggestions below), and stir in sugar, salt, and cinnamon, or more to taste, before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 2. To serve, stir in boiling water until desired consistency is reached. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.