You’ll need good, crusty white bread for these instant hangover cures
- Butter , for spreading
- 3 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 large garlic clove , peeled, cut in half
- 1 white country loaf
- 6 rashers rindless back bacon
- Heat a griddle or frying pan, then cook the bacon for 3 mins each side or until golden and crisp.
- Cut 6 thick slices from the loaf and butter each one on one side. Spread the chutney evenly over 3 slices of the bread and top each with 2 rashers of bacon. Top with the other slices of bread, buttered side down, then press together well.
- Return the butties to the pan over a medium heat (you'll have to do this in batches), then toast for 2-3 mins each side until golden. Remove from pan, then rub both sides with cut side of the garlic clove. Cut the butties in half and serve straight away.