Here’s a DIY version of the flavored, spreadable Gournay cheese originally from France.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Crackers or toasts (for serving)
- Combine cream cheese, butter, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add parsley and chives and pulse a few times until well combined. Pack mixture into a small bowl, ramekin, or glass jar. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or toasts.
- Cheese can be made 5 days ahead. Cover and chill.